Background and Primary Focus
Rick graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1980
with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.Rick has
concentrated in auditing and accounting of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Rick also reviews corporate, partnership, and individual tax work. Dodson's
experience includes over 30 years of public accounting consisting of 3 years
as a Chief Financial Officer in a manufacturing company and over 27 years
with local CPA firms.
Rick's role as a partner involves intimate analysis of financial and operational
documentation from clients, managing the audit process, and reviewing financial
statements with members of management. Rick supervises and manages staff
and is responsible for training and scheduling to ensure the staff meet and exceed
client expectations. His dual focus on a close relationship with the staff and constant
focus on the client needs is the foundation of ensuring timely delivery for clients'
Professional and Civic Accomplishments
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer - Board of Directors of the Greensboro Community Television, Inc.
- Board of Trustees for the Burlington District of the United Methodist Church
- Chairman - Finance Committee, Administrative Council, Board of Trustees,
Scholarship Committee, Past President - United Methodist Men, Fairview United Methodist Church